It's that time of year when The Valley Advocate announces the winners of the "Best of the Valley" reader's poll. If you've lived here for any length of time, you know all about this perennial poll and the push it gives to local businesses not only to promote themselves, but to promote The Valley Advocate as well. As someone who handles lots of local businesses' web sites, I can tell you that the flurry of action is welcomed. During the voting period, clients clamor to have banners and call-outs on their home pages to drive visitors to vote. Then once the winners are announced, lucky businesses want to show their pride and thank their loyal followers for supporting them.
I always vote for all my clients because I believe in them, and know that every vote counts, but what is impressive to me is when I realize how many of my clients place at the top of their category. It makes me feel good to know that I get to work with the best businesses out there. Owners and staff who excel in what they do excite me and challenge me to give them the best service I can provide too.
So here's a quick shout out to some of those who are the "Best"
- Cooley Dickinson Hospital - Best Birthing Center
- Esselon Coffee Roasting - Best Independent Coffee House, also placed in Outdoor Dining
- The Pilates Studio - Best Place for Pilates
- Brooks & Butterfield - Best Day Spa, also placed in Nail Salon
- Puffers Salon & Day Spa - Best Nail Salon, also placed in Day Spa and Therapeutic Massage
- Summerlin Floors - Best Carpet and Flooring Store
- Faces - Best Gift Shop